I have great news to share with those of you who are following Bloggy Mountain Breakdown. Jennifer McMurrain is a nominee of the Liebster Award and she in turn nominated me as one of her 11 nominees. (I think that is what she did). I graciously accept the nomination on behalf of bloggers everywhere. These opportunities come along once in a lifetime. How can I say no? Here is what I am honored to do:
1. Write 11 random things about myself.
2. Answer the questions I was asked. 3. Nominate and notify 11 bloggers of their notifications. 4. Ask 11 questions of my nominees. 5. Link back to the person who nominated me.
The real purpose in this exercise is to help blogger friends, Jennifer McMurrain and Heather Davis reveal new blogs to numerous people.
Eleven Random Things About Me:
- I had rather laugh than cry. I laugh at things that aren’t funny to anyone else. I thought Jurassic Park was a comedy.
- I only have 9 toenails. I was born that way. By the way nail polish doesn’t stay on bare skin.
- Writing is good for my mental health. It is the only thing in my life that occupies 100% of my thought life while I am doing it.
- Three things I wanted to become when I was a child, a writer (of course see #3), a ballerina (too short, too shy, too poor), a NASCAR driver (I’m a girl raised in the south, it was a total boys club back then)
- I prefer books over movies. The last movie I saw in a theatre was True Grit. Did you notice they spoke properly and did not use contractions while speaking?
- I don’t like sweet desserts or candy. Blue m&ms are an abomination.
- I would like to be a sommelier (look it up). I have been told I have a highly refined palate. I would love to teach others the skill. Then, I could write about their tasty experiences.
- I am an introvert, not shy but a loner.
- I have lived in Tennessee (twice), Alabama, North Carolina, Florida (twice), and Oklahoma (twice).
- I only have two things left on my bucket list. (time to kick the bucket?) My husband made most of them happen.
- I am extremely organized, a neat freak, and a germaphobe. If you shake my hand, I will sanitize it immediately. You cough near me and I will run. I can open any public doors without out using my hands. NO! I don’t want to have a sip of your drink or a bite of anything that has touched your lips. Never, never double dip, I will heave.
Eleven Questions I was asked:
What is your biggest pet peeve? Laziness
What was your first car? A brand new, 1977 Monte Carlo, buckskin interior with a landau roof
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? My grandmother’s homemade buttermilk biscuits slathered with real butter.
What is your favorite clean word, that you make sound like a swear word? Bean Soup
What movie deserves a sequel? The Book of Eli
Who would you hate to see naked? (DO NOT say yourself) Honey Boo Boo‘s mom or New Jersey‘s Governor Christie
Where do you not mind waiting? Airports. I know it sounds silly but I like to take my time to get my ticket and go through security. I hate rushing to get to the gate, I had rather get there early, sit, wait, watch weird people, and read.
You can be on the cover of any magazine, which one do you choose? Rolling Stone (old, half dead rock stars can be made to look good, maybe they could make me look good, too)
Where do you like to relax? At home, on the sofa, a great book, my man beside me, and a nice glass of wine.
If you had to dispose of a body, how would you do it? (I’m asking for a friend, really.) It totally depends on where I lived. In the mountains of TN or NC, I would go to a remote ravine and throw it in, animals would take care of clean up. In FL, I would weigh it down and dump it in a swamp or the Everglades. In AL, I would leave on the football field at the University of Alabama, they are killing and disposing of entire teams this year!
If you were a member of any sitcom T.V. show family, which family would it be? Everybody Loves Raymond ( I would kill the mother in law Marie, then the show would be a drama, I would dump her in a NY dumpster).
My nominees for the Leibster Award:
Katelyn Brown, Shel Harrington, Mary Kincaid, Anne Marie Davis, Jonah Gibson, Barbara Shoff, Joy Lewis, Sarah Leslie, Margie Louise McCown, Jennifer McMurrain, Heather Davis
Eleven Questions for My Nominees
- What is the worst job you have ever had?
- What is your favorite crayon color in the 64 pack of Crayolas?
- If you knew you couldn’t fail and money wasn’t an issue, what would you pursue in life?
- Boxers or briefs?
- Wine or beer?
- What is your favorite restaurant in any place in the world?
- If you could choose where you live, where would it be?
- Have you ever broken the law?
- What is your favorite national park?
- How do you like to sleep? (On your back, side, naked, lots of pillows…)
- What does your mate/significant other do that gets on your nerves?
MY 11 NOMINEES, PLEASE DON’T BLOW ME OFF! I am a serious writer and you are, too. I wouldn’t nominate just anyone. Here is what you do, 1. Write 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions I asked you. 3. Nominate and notify 11 bloggers of their notifications. 4. Ask 11 questions of your nominees. 5. Link back to the person who nominated you(that is me). I know you are busy and so am I, take time and have fun. All authors should stick together. Ready, set, go. I bet you can do it by this time tomorrow!